Monday, June 26, 2006

Captain's Cocktail Hour

We left our sunbathing positions and went back to our cabins at about 4:30 to get changed for the Captain's Formal Dinner. We were supposed to assemble in the Regency Showroom for pre-dinner cocktails at 5:30, but when we got there we had to queue for what seemed like forever to have our photos taken, first next to some fake trees, then standing in front of a backdrop of the Titanic staircase and then once again with the Captain.



The Titanic picture turned out great, but I'm not too sure about this one - I look as if I'm pregnant with the Captain's baby! lol (I could of course lie and say that this picture was taken at the end of the cruise and I'd piled on a few pounds by then, but the truth is this was only the second day on board and I was wearing Bridget Jones stomach-holding-in-pants too. Whoops!

As Pin lapped up the Champagne, I stuck to fruit punch cocktails and I was glad to see that another lady had the same reaction as me when she tried the cavier hors d'oeuvres that the waiters were serving from silver trays (I can't stand the stuff).

The Captain came on stage (I don't know why, but he reminds me of a Greek version of Max Bygraves) and introduced all the rest of the senior crew, when they all came on stage one by one in front of the audience, we were shown through in to the Chanterelle Dining room for dinner.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?