Monday, June 26, 2006

Corfu Port

To be honest, downtown Corfu looked a bit of a dump, but apparently the Old Town is the place to go, and the coach didn't drive through this because the roads are too narrow.

We arrived at the port and surrendered our passports and went through immigration and had our pictures taken for our boarding passes.

Next we had to queue again to be allocated a dinner table and then finally we were knabbed by a photographer who made us pose in front of a backdrop of the ship and have our pictures taken. Now, both Pin and I had been travelling for 12 hours by this point and we were both tired, irritable - and not really in the mood for photos!

Comments:
I`m off on a Pearl Cruise later this month (August 2007) and it was interesting to read about some of the experiences on board and useful to read about the trips. Unfortunately we aren`t visiting the exact same places but some of them do coincide. I would have like to have had an idea of the costs of the trips as I`m trying to decide whether to go DIY as we did when visiting Petra and Egypt.
At Kusudasi, I was going to see Ephesus but I also like horseriding. It doesn`t appear that I`ll be able to do both,unfortunately ! I`m still trying to find out if we can avoid all those pics they insist on taking whilst on board !I hope we`ll have that group,`Juice` as we both love blues music....i`ll remember the tip about the ship`s carpenter if I lose my heel !
Thanks for the account, I enjoyed reading it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?