Monday, June 26, 2006

The No Shoe Blues

After the Formal Night's dining experience, we went down into one of the cocktail lounges with a couple of ladies from our table. The Entertainment team put on a quiz game (I was even asked to participate but I didn't want to show myself up on stage). This went on a bit long, and we were relieved when it finished and one of the on board groups "Juice" started playing a set.

The lead singer was a little blonde girl named Ellie from Scotland, and she certainly had a good voice. She was accompanied by a black guy from New York called "J" who played keyboards and sang, a bass player from Holland named Tommy Lee, and a guy from Yorkshire on the drums (can't remember his name).

They started playing a load of blues music, and Pin was really into this. I sat back down at this point, watching Pin jumping around doing this funky dance. She was really jumping up and down and on high heels too. One of the Thomson reps was at our table talking to Faye, she leaned over to me and said, "how much has she had to drink?", I said, "too many to count! I'm a bit worried about those shoes though".

And no sooner did I say that that I looked up and Pin was standing on the dance floor holding one of her black sandles in one hand, and the heel that had just broken off and skidded across the dancefloor in the other. I just completely lost it then in the advanced stages of cracked up laugher. I was rolling around on the sofa in tears of laughter for over 10 minutes. Pin finally sat back down and joined me.

"J" the singer noticed that she had stopped dancing and encouraged her to come back on the dance floor. Pin sat there and held her shoes up to show him what had happened to them. He said "Why are you not dancing, you love the Blues!". Pin said, "yes I love the blues, but I've got no shoes!!". She then asked, "is there a cobbler on board?". The black singer said "I could say something to that but I won't".

So then the singer started up an improptu song, "The No-Shoes Blues", made up on the spot just for Pin, about the lady in the black dress who loved the blues but had no shoes. It was sooooooo funny.

Going....
Going.....
Gone!

Undeterred, Pin shrugged them off and carried on dancing!

On the way back to our cabin we bumped into Dimitrius one of our playful Greek waiters in the corridor, we were both really drunk at this point and still laughing our assess off about the shoe incident. Pin showed him what happened, and he suggested taking the shoes to Reception and asking if the Ship's Carpenter would fix them for her. So that's what she did. When we finally got back to the cabin and got into bed, we still couldn't sleep, we were laying there in the dark still giggling about what happened for what seemed like an hour afterwards.For the rest of the holiday I couldn't top that. Half of the cruise ship had seen what went on that evening. The very next morning at breakfast, the guy on the next table asked Pin "Where do you get all your energy from?".


Comments:
Sounds like you all had a fantastic evening Vash. I can't wait to hear more about your cruise.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?