Monday, June 26, 2006

Theatre of Herod Atticus

Just outside the main site of the Acropolis, underneath it in fact is the Temple of Herod Atticus. This theatre has been recently rebuilt and now accommodates ballets and concerts. The guide said that it seats about 4,000 people.


They were just setting up for a new show the day that we were there. I went outside the Acropolis grounds to get a better look and take this extra photos of the theatre.

The woman at the gate didn't want to let me back in until I managed to find my sweat-soaked Acropolis ticket in the pocket of my shorts. You know when you accidentally wash paper in your jeans pocket and it gets all mangled up? Well my ticket looked like that, but I got let back in on it anyway. Just as well because Pin thought that she had lost me by this time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?